Friday, October 2, 2009

A Very Crafty and Productive Week (in my opinion)

I don't know what's gotten into me but I made something or multiple things every day this week. Did I keep the house clean? No. But laundry did get done!

Sunday
Brooks was so tired after church the only way I could get him to fall asleep was in the swing. He had his fingers in his mouth the whole time. Chris came home about an hour later and didn't like that his mouth was wide open. Chris moved his fingers out of his mouth and of course he woke up. Lesson learned.

We ate a yummy dinner at my mom's. Ben and Terra came with Beck. It was fun to see them. After dinner we stopped by to see some friends, Kyle and Tiff. It's fun to see our babies change and grow. They're still going strong as bffs.



Monday

I hung out at Tiff's with the intention of getting lots of things done. I wasn't being realistic. However, she did teach me how to make freezer paper stencils. I loved it and I'd love to teach anyone how. Super fun and pretty easy. Now I'm one step closer to finishing Brooks's costume.


We also went up to see Chris's parents. They can't get enough of Brooks. But hey, who can?


When we got home I took advantage of a few extra minutes and finished a craft that I've had my eye on for over a year now and have been working on for weeks now. I know, it's not that hard, just couldn't find uninterrupted time.



Tuesday was fun filled as well. Laundry, Laundry, Laundry. Adrienne wanted to learn how to make Chinese food so she came over and we made Bao Zi together. You can see some pictures here. Later that night I headed over to Jody's to teach her how to make freezer paper stencils. Jocelyn joined us shortly thereafter and it was a baby onesie making party. I think Jody's and Jocelyn's turned out better than mine.


Wednesday we went to lunch with my brother Chris at Sawadee (a yummy Thai restaurant). I can't believe I've never been considering I live only two blocks away. Yummy food and great company. I love that Chris and I are such good friends.

After lunch Brooks and I headed over to Chris's to use my mom's serger to finish the edges on four moby's (baby carriers made from a stip of fabric six yards long). It was fun and easy and now they all look much more refined. Yes, I do need four, maybe more to match what we're wearing. Call me crazy, my husband does.

While we were at Chris's Brooks rolled onto his tummy (which isn't uncommon these days) and was able to get his arms out from underneath for the first time. Here's a pic. He's not quite sure what to think.


Wednesday night I made dinner for a cute gal in our ward that had a baby girl. She has older twin boys at home that are so cute. When I was leaving she showed me that she made a moby after seeing me wearing Brooks in one on a walk. I took it from her and one from Jody and serged the edges on both of theirs later that night. My brother Chris agrees with my husband Chris that I'm crazy.

Thursday was full of driving all over creation. Literally. I picked up my sister Erin in Bountiful and we headed up to Target in Centerville to buy me a sewing machine. Which of course they were out of. I had one put on hold at the fort union store. Erin and I ate a yummy lunch at Beto's. Hooray for Chili Verde. I dropped Erin off to work and Chris called. I asked him what he was up to and he said he was at Target with some co-workers. Funny thing that my sewing machine was on hold there. Lucky me. Chris was able to pick it up and I met him in the parking lot at his work. Brooks was able to keep sleeping, his nap didn't skip a beat. Off to the Gateway with my mom and then to her house to start the crafting project of the day. My friend Jody was mentioning that her 1 month old baby hates the wind. Ding ding ding. I had extra fabric that I've done nothing with for months and it just so happened to be a fabric that Jody had used on a project of her own.

Car seat cover for baby Elsa done in no time. I love having a sewing machine of my very own that works so well!

Brooks and I did take a break to eat some dinner at Tepanyaki with my Brother Chris and his friend Audrey. Luckily Brooks slept most of the time so he wasn't startled by the Chef.


Friday so far has included lots of lounging around in jammies and two naps already. Love working the night shift.

For those of you impressed by my productivity and craftiness this week, please be. But don't expect it again. Oh and I guess I should clean the kitchen today and vacuum the floors.






3 comments:

Jody and Alex said...

Just a few thoughts:
1. I happen to think that your onise turned out really really cute.
2. Where will I find a crafty friend like you in Pittsburgh?
3. I am amazed at your ability to get all this done with a baby....will I ever be able to do half that someday with Elsa? I hope so.
4. The car seat cover is so great. We love it and I am put to shame by your sewing skills!

Tiffany said...

it is all reeeediculously cute. love the robot. love the elephants. love the carseat cover. and you even found time to shop and eat out lots. sorry your day with me was probably the least productive. well, we kept our kids busy, and that is technically productive, just not as impressive to photograph. =)

Ryan and Amy Nelsen said...

Wow! That is alot in a week!! I love all your crafts and am getting inspired to learn to sew...someday maybe I will follow through with it!