Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Our Little Man Brooks

Our little man Christopher Brooks Hardy arrived June 4th at 1:47 AM. He weighed 8lbs and was 22 inches long. We're so happy to have him here and are so grateful for all the prayers that got us through his stay in the NICU. I had preeclampsia and had to be induced at 38 weeks. I spent 30 hours in the hospital before he even got here. We're home and loving not being in the hospital. I'm not going to go into much detail but here are some pics to enjoy.

Just a couple hours old


Using oxygen to help him remember to breathe


Getting a lumbar puncture (he really could care less that they were shoving a huge needle into his spine)


Saying good morning to dad in the NICU, he'd had a rough night


Taped to the bed in preparation for sedation and a PICC line placement (I heard taping them to the bed is abuse if done outside the hospital)


Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Scott coming to visit for the first time


First time mom and dad being able to hold him in the NICU



First day with a feeding tube. He was a super chubby baby, weighs the same now but looks a lot different


Chillin with dad


nap time


Grandma Diane holding him for the first time



Mom feeling a lot better and Brooks getting used to wearing clothes


Trying out his car seat before we could go home. He had to sit in it for an hour and a half without any problems. He did so well we left him in there for about three hours until he woke up hungry.


Dressed and ready to go home.


Leaving the NICU


Home for the first time in a week


First bed time story: Hot Flat and Crowded by Thomas Freedman ...

Playing with Mom


Grandma can't seem to get enough



Brooks meeting uncle Chris (we like the name Chris a lot around here)


hanging with dad after work


Meeting Great Grandpa Newey


He loved being held by Great Grandma Newey


Four Generations


Loved the bath, not a fan of getting out

13 comments:

Amanda said...

He is so cute! I love the name Brooks. I'm so glad everything turned out ok. I wanted to hear all the details but I'll have to ask you next time i see you. I hope your getting some sleep. and P.S. you look great!

Kate said...

Congrats Emily! Sorry to hear you guys had a rough time getting him here. He is a cutie! Hope you all are recovering well!

Addie May said...

Emily he is so cute! I love the name Brooks too, by the way. I know what it's like having a baby in the NICU...I had unexpectedly at 35 weeks...it's not fun, sorry you had to go through that! On the bright side tho, I'm glad you guys are home and congrats on a new beautiful boy!

Nicole and Andy said...

Em! Congratulations. Wow, what a ride! I'm so glad he's here and he is so handsome! I love the pic where he's holding your face. I like that you chose the name Brooks;)

Kellee said...

Preeclampsia em? That's scary. Are you doing okay? He is cute and I'm glad you're finally all home and he's free of the PICC, O2 and feeding tube!

Eliza said...

oh he he such a beautiful baby! I am dying to hold him, let me know when your ready to receive visitors or when your ready to get out of the house, we would love to have you come see our house

The Martin's said...

Congratulations!!! We are so happy he is here and doing good. He is so precious. You guys look like pros, good luck.

The Laubs said...

Wow Emily sorry you guys had to have a NICU stay but I'm glad everything is ok now. It's got to be so tough when it's your own baby with all the lines, O2, etc. He's an adorable boy and you look great!

meg said...

Oh Em, He is simply beautiful--I can say that about a boy,right? Maybe I should say handsome. I am so happy for you and Chris--I like that name too :) I am so sorry it was such a long haul for you. But I am so glad to see him doing better. I don't know how you had an 8 pounder and 22 inches too. 20.5 inches and 7 was big for me and you are half my size. You amazing girl!! I will hope to see soon at your mom's!!

matesen said...

Emily he is seriously so cute! I hope you are recovering well and that Brooks is doing great as well. Adaire and I want to bring you lunch when you are ready for visitors so just let us know when we can come see the litte guy!

Becky said...

He's such a precious little guy!!! Congratulations to you both. You look like such natural parents! Make sure to post more pics as Brooks grows! I'm so glad we've stayed in touch now that we're all having little ones. :)

Lisa said...

Your baby is so cute! I'm sorry he had to spend time in the NICU. That's where I used to work, and I loved it, well except for the hours :) He had to go through a lot! Was it just because of stress from labor and the delivery?

Lisa said...

Oh by the way, Lisa Ashton... you probably are thinking, which random Lisa is commenting on my blog? Sorry.